View Single Post
Old Mar 03, 2009, 07:45 PM
Find More Posts by Diggs
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Jim,

Woah, not our intent at all! I was contacted by Lucien about this last week, and he told me about Patrick. Lucien and I talked about having him come on the show and discuss this. I really don't think there was a hidden agenda to this show at all, but I could be incorrect. The way the info was presented to me and they way we tried to present it on the show was very similar and without Patrick being involved. While nothing in any of the documentation clearly defines what legislation may come about, I feel with the way Government can twist a small issue into a huge issue, this certainly should be watched by anyone flying RC.

We didn't ask for money, we didn't ask for anything. We simply wanted to inform everyone of this and that it MIGHT impact on our hobby. They may continue with this and define it so that there is zero impact to modelers, and if that is the case, I will be happy and finished with the topic completely. Until I know that is the case, I will continue to inform everyone. I will also be happy for everyone to form their own opinion just as you did. However, I don't know Patrick, and only met him (online) minutes before the show, I don't feel he had a hidden agenda.

I will also say that the only intent of this episode is the same as all our shows, information and entertainment. I heard enough from Patrick and Lucien that I felt concerned for myself and fellow hobbyist. Whenever I hear something like that, I will be sharing the info.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs