Thread: Discussion Another new 2.4GHz system!
View Single Post
Old Feb 03, 2009, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by geotrouvetout
Rouen (FRANCE)
Joined Nov 2003
69 Posts
Hi abbydown,

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydawn
Some of us are having rather unbelievable range test results which makes us wonder if the button is actually doing the job it supposed to. Also I've found that if I hold the button down before turning the TX on there is no transmission until I release the button. Does that make sense? Maybe you could shed some light on how the dang thing technically performs a range test? One flyer flew to his visual limits, pressed the range button and still maintained control!
i don' t think that button does something on the range, it's like the contrast and memory model, it's only to bind with the receiver, i did not find anything about the little MCU FS8004 where the bind button goes, at power on this mcu check if bind is hold and enter in a program to match the receiver with the radio but i don't know how until we could doing reverse engineering on the program inside this MCU.
I should do some test in a few days using the RF section as a module on a Graupner MC12 without its 41 MHz quartz to see if i can send signal over 2.4GHz with the positive shift of the MC12.
I let you know if it works, i would send some photos too but i didn't get my camera back, i'll try to get it back to take a little video of the "working" test.

Géo .

PS: on a french forum, a guy made a software to program the turborix (there is a linux and windows version), screen is here http://cortexet.free.fr/elico/confiture.png
geotrouvetout is offline Find More Posts by geotrouvetout
Last edited by geotrouvetout; Feb 03, 2009 at 10:48 PM.