Thread: Gallery Show off your rockets!
View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2009, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by burkefj
Joined Oct 2006
2,572 Posts
Oh, I hear you 100%, Scott, I would want to keep it looking as much like a mach 10 as possible, sort of like i did with the interceptor, but I just like things simple, if I can avoid doing ejection charges, and things dropping off, I'm just happier, but that's just me.. I ordered the body tube, and I have another sheet of foam, I'll see what I come up with. Thanks for inspiring me

None of my gliders stay up very long, but that's not what I wanted, like you say, I wanted to get some things to fly well that people haven't done or haven't gotten to work well as RC..and that looked cool.

I did try a foam version of an X-24, worked well with RC on the horizontal surfaces to steer it, flew it out of the upper story window into the backyard, but I couldn't get it to work with a pusher electric motor, it just didn't have enough wing to counter the torque, and I hate to stick a rocket motor into something that I'm not sure about the thrust line and trim on....

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokitflite
Right,
Other people have suggested this but I wanted to scale up the Mach 10 as a Mach 10. I can certainly design something more efficient and aerodynamic, but that is not what I was going for. At NARAM 50 there were TONS of high performance gliders that would stay up for ages, but my single model got more attention than all of them because it simply looked cooler. I wanted to give people a show with it and I did. Oh, and the tube is a light weight Estes 4" tube. I'd love to see what you come up with Frank .

-Scott
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj