Thread: Gallery Show off your rockets!
View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2009, 01:05 PM
Find More Posts by burkefj
Joined Oct 2006
2,572 Posts
Interesting, I bet for RC, you could not angle the top fin, mount the motor in the center or low on the wing line, and just fly it on elevons, and get higher boost due to reduced drag from that angled tail, but still preserve the look.

I bet if I used my depron cruciform fuse style I could slip over a light estes type of 3 or 4" tube which would be light, just to round the fuse, and still use depron for the wings/tail and keep the weight down. The cruciform fuse would support the thinner tube and keep it from crushing and distorting.

Maybe with the right equipment placement and light enough weight we might be able to get rid of the dropping nose weight.

I thought I was going to take a break, but now maybe I'll play with this some.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokitflite
I had the original Mach 10. I thought it was the coolest looking rocket there was. To me it just looked plain mean with that big open maw at the front! Mine flew like crap. Years later my friend built one around a 2.6" tube and it was AMAZING! It flew like a dream and almost flew AWAY on several occasions. I built a rough prototype for the 4" RC one and IT flew great! It took me 8 years to finally get the one in the picture flying, but its worth it. Now that I have smaller radio gear, I am going to make a 3" one that will fly nicely on Ds and Es.
burkefj is offline Find More Posts by burkefj