View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2009, 10:14 PM
Find More Posts by Rokitflite
Laurel, MD
Joined Jan 2009
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
Rokit, I was looking at the old mach 10 in my 69 centuri catalog(I think) I assume the angled top fin compensates for the high mounted motor. How does it glide and what is your wingspan/weight?? It seems like you have a pod in the front but in the last photo I don't see that, do you drop or move it for CG?

Frank
Frank,
The angled top fin is the elevator in effect and the off center motor compensates for the drag of the "elevator". The pod is a weighted nose cone that spits out with the motor's ejection charge. It causes the model to be more ballistic and stable during the rocket boost by moving the CG forward. It has a hands-off boost if desired, but its fun to do a couple of rolls and such on the way up. Not sure of the wingspan and weight at this moment... Its in the basement and I'm not, I will weigh and measure it later and get back to you (I am guessing about 30" and 10oz without motor). It glides very nicely, not very long unless there is a nice stiff breeze, then it will just hang in the air.

-Scott
Rokitflite is offline Find More Posts by Rokitflite
Last edited by Rokitflite; Feb 02, 2009 at 10:35 AM.