View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2009, 11:01 AM
Find More Posts by satinet
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,634 Posts
only 2 or 3 rounds wouldn't be considered a race over here. The result would be void. While this doesn't matter for informal races, the rule is there for a reason. That reason being that too few rounds mean the conditions make it too much of a lottery.

With 8 or 9 guys you might consider flying a 2 rounds at once per competitor. by that I mean the 1st run is flown from a normal launch and the second from a crow through (although crow throughs can't be official FIA times). It's hard to run a comp with 8 or 9 because you are always back and forth between the buzzer and what have you, which slows it down and increases the work load. With your small field you should be able to get through a decent number of rounds in a day. If you combine with a slope fly in you're never gonna get 10 or 15 rounds though........

I don't really understand what you mean by orange tape. Over here we tend to use 2 poles one in front of the other. so that you can look down the line of the two poles to make your buzz, as the buzzer man.

in terms of scoring the season, the person who won a race gets 1000 points and the others get a proportion of that according to their score (say 1st place has 10000 points and second 97000, second gets 970 points for the race). So if there were 4 races with 1 discard and your top slope jedi won 3 out of 4 he would have 3000 points for the season and the others a proportion of that.

I'm assuming you understand the normal scoring method for a race having seen the spread sheet.

Speaking of the discards it's normal to have one "discard", where each pilot er, discards their lowest scoring round of a race.
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet