View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Darren Hintze
Tight is Right
Lehi, Utah, United States
Joined Dec 2001
7,711 Posts
Okay, building started -- a few notes:

First, after starting building the wing, I thought is was thick for a speed wing. A little later, I notced there was a separately wrapped group of parts... the Speed Wing. Apparently Doug sent me BOTH wings with the kit.

I owe you some money Doug.

Anyway, after thinking about it, I decided it'd be nice to build a hot aerobat powered by 9 HECELLs for the Speed wing but also build a lighter, slower 3D plane for 2s2p LiPo's for flying around the neighborhood.

This change in strategy will alter some of my mod plans. I no longer will do a single servo redesign nor will I fix the wing. Everything will be stock except the CF rod LE on the speed wing and CF Tube LE on the 3D wing.

After three hours of building, the Fuse is almost finished and all four wing panels are complete with the exception of the LE of one side of the Speed Wing (I didn't have enough of the right sized rod).

The plane falls together. I think you'd have to really try to build it crooked. The wings especially almost snap together then are glued at the seams with thin CA.

I'll take some pics of the wings and fuse tomorrow to show progress. I should finish the framing work tomorrow and begin covering Wed.

Melf
Darren Hintze is offline Find More Posts by Darren Hintze