View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:31 PM
Find More Posts by zitron
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Apr 2007
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targetlocman
It's amazing that you have the technical know-how to do this. The head trackers available on the market are probably using the same cheap gyros you are. The difference is they have to mark up their costs to make a profit and stay in business. So if you stay at it and work out all of the kinks, you will probably end up with as good or better a unit then they have. Good luck with it! I am impressed.
Thanks, it's not that amazing . I bet there are probably several dozen people here in this forum that could have done this if they wanted to, and end up with a much better product and make some profit . I donno exactly what gyros the manufacturers uses, but If I was in the business of selling these, I would use expensive good quality gyros, simply because that way quality can be easily controlled, and you get less unhappy customers. I don't think they are making that much of a mark up...

----------

I've got a number of people asking me for the code, I've put the code along with some more technical explanations on the arduino forum here:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/...m=1231185714/0. If you have any coding specific questions, put it in the arduino forum. I'll try to keep this thread more FPV related.

Cheers,
-Z-
zitron is offline Find More Posts by zitron