View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by AirX
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtflyr
Yeah, some of the NG schemes were pretty cool.

I saw a cool scheme at the Duncan site under Excellent Modelling Reference, F-86D #1 a Photo Walk Around of black FU-863, Dennis the Menace. There's also a 1/48 scale decal sheet shown for this bird from Cutting Edge Decals.

The more I look at the D the more I like it, and your CNC cut fuselage really got the hard nose section down pat. Any chance you might make a fuselage to sell? You can e-mail me at pschum@fairfaxcounty.gov

Pete
Hi Pete,

I will keep your request in mind when I finish the first good set of flights. There are a couple more people who are interested in it too, one being my oldest son who loves F-86's. One thing I will end up doing is the first 3 sections make the duct for the little F86D and I want to make another set of sections to make an F86 without the D's nose duct configuration. One thing I did not show is the tooling to align all the surfaces to the thrust line, which I know will help make building easier. Pics of my CNC Orlando and I built coming sometime tonight. Look for another thread on my blog about it.

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Last edited by AirX; Jan 28, 2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Add picture