View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:28 AM
Find More Posts by mtflyr
Centreville,VA,USA
Joined Apr 2001
4,107 Posts
Eric,

Awesome build. Do you have a scheme in mind? Love the F-86 though not a D fan so much.

I live in N. VA and fly my hang glider out at Skyline National Park near Front Royal VA. They have an F-86 E parked sadly out doors at the airport there.

I did 2 F-86F''s a few years ago from 3 mm Depron and Fiddlersgreen not so scale paper model plans. They still fly great but are now somewhat beat up.

I used the GWS EDF-50's with std. brushed motors. (before brushless motors) At that time the GWS EDF's worked best if 1.5"-2" from the end of the exhaust. I've recently upgraded to EDF-40 with a 12mm brushless Medusa motor. Flys super now. I've also recently done a MiG-17 24"WS and a MiG-21 24" WS the GWS EDF-40's are brusless as well and placed near the end of the exhaust.

Your mid fuselage motor location may work fine with a EDF-40 brushless. Just not sure. Be sure to attach the fan on so it won't come off. I used the GWS helicopter tail rotor adapter for the 12mm brushless motors it will fit the GWS fan blade with a tad of enlargement to the hole.

Good luck with your build. I love the CNC stuff some of you guys are doing it's pretty cool. Can you post a few pic.'s of your machine?

If your an F-86 fan check out Duncan's site at:

http://f-86.tripod.com/index.html

Pete
mtflyr is offline Find More Posts by mtflyr