Thread: Discussion Another new 2.4GHz system!
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by waqa
have foam, will fly
San Diego
Joined Dec 2008
278 Posts
PocketPC Programmable TX Progress

I did some surgery on tx tonight and added the level shifter needed to bump the 5v signals to 12-15v rs-232 the PocketPc likes to the inside of the tx. There is a 7805 5v regulator on the mother board so powering the shifter was easy. My shifter had a DB9 plug on so I cut it off using my dremel. Shifters without the DB9 can be found here: shifter

If someone wanted to avoid digging into the tx like I did you could use the same board above and a separate power source like this to build a cable with an external level shifter.

I didn't want to chop up the my Ipaq serial cable since I use it for other projects so I added a male DB9 serial port to the front of the tx, not pretty but functional. The original USB port connection is still fully functional.

I suppose the cost of the parts and the cable ($5 off ebay) starts to add up but the idea of having a touch screen programmer, more model memory, etc. is what motivates me. Plus the radio is good, I have flown a number of times with no problems, it range checks fine, and the receivers are still only $14.
waqa is offline Find More Posts by waqa