Thread: Discussion R/C Stores Gone By the Wayside
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by rcozstyle
gawler, South Australia
Joined Jul 2006
3,672 Posts
Hi Guys

I used to worked in a hobbyshop for 5 years, due to online shops like hobbycity which cut in to certain bread and butter lines of the hobbyshop it is making it harder for the LHS to survive and so we wil lose many of them, my LHS doesnt have much experience in electricflight so sadly there is not much they can do for me, without being bigheaded but I know more about it than they do, yes it is the one I worked in lol.

I still and buy stuff from them but the service is slow, Awhile ago I rang the shop and asked a new guy about did he have any XPS receivers in stock and he asked was that jr or futuba, I told him that it was only a rx and that didnt matter and he insisted that it did and was prepeared to argue with me so I said I would come into the shop.

I agree people should support the LHS's because they can provide a valuable service if staffed with committed people, On friday I wanted to buy 3 spektrum AR500's, so I rang the LHS again and they didnt have stock and so he was going to get the order guy to ring me, I rang again some hours later and he said that he didnt get any message to ring me and when i asked him about the AR500's he was going to get back to me, after that I went onto the Modelflight website which is based about 45kms from me and ordered them online, they just arrived while I was writing this post and I am still waiting to hear get a phonecall from my LHS.

Basically I got next day service from a online shop while still waiting for a phonecall from the LHS.
rcozstyle is offline Find More Posts by rcozstyle