Thread: Discussion Blade mCX mods
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2009, 02:49 PM
Angelo is offline
Find More Posts by Angelo
Registered User
Angelo's Avatar
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,104 Posts
More progress on the scale Huey body. Yes, I know this is taking forever, but life gets in the way.

After joining the two halves together, I cut out masks for the windows. I used electrical tape, because I like the clean lines it gives me. Then I sprayed the white main coat. Since the area around the windows would be red, I masked those whole areas off, so that there wouldn't be a big paint build up at the window lines. I stuffed the body with tissue, so that overspray wouldn't get in, which is why the white only photo looks a little strange, that's not paint but white tissue showing through the clear body.

I then masked the red area, painted it, then added the black nose section. I think it's shaping up! Still have to add some red & yellow on the tail. Then, some custom decals and a tail rotor. Hope to have another update in the not too distant future.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo
Reply With Quote