View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by beanie
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
Joined Sep 2003
4,781 Posts
Build Log
F-9F "Panther" Parkjet

along with 2 other concommitant builds, i decided to work on the F-9F Panther. after having biult the F-9J Cougar, it was only natural to mod the plans to get a panther as well. she is designed and built at 1/13th scale to match the rest of my recent fleet. she is built up using the bulkhead/skin method, primarily with FFF but a little 3mm depron was used here and there.

here are the stats:
Scale: 1/13th (to match up with my 130% MiG-23, 81% MiG-21, F-105D, F-9J Cougar, and F-100)
WS: 34 1/2"
L: 37"
WA: 270sqin
AUW: ??oz
WL: ??oz/sqft
Servos: 3 (aileron x2, elevator x1)
full flying stabs
Motor: Little Screamers Super Park Jet Motor
Prop: 6x4
Batt: 3s1p 2000mah-2600mah
Parts list: FFF, CF spar, hard wood motor mount, 0.055" paino wire, plastic radio antenna tubing, magnets (1/4" dia x 1/8" thickness), 3/16" dia alum tubing, CF tubing that fits inside the 3/16" alum tubing, 1/8" liteply and 1/32" lite ply, PETG if pulling your own canopy.

this bird is being built while building 2 others, so i'll be bouncing back and forth between birds. this is where the beta builders can help speed the process. i'm hoping that flyjumper will post comments and his build pics here when he gets the chance. after the plans are proven air-worthy, i'll eventually post the plans on this first post when available.

ok, here we go...

-beanie
beanie is offline Find More Posts by beanie
Last edited by beanie; Jan 17, 2009 at 08:50 PM.