View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:58 AM
EricJ320 is offline
Find More Posts by EricJ320
Registered User
EricJ320's Avatar
Knoxville, TN
Joined Dec 2005
1,502 Posts
I told you I would post some numbers from my test stand for the motor I am using in my Seawind, the Heads Up RC 2830-10. I finally did that, with 5 different props. Again, this motor is supposed to be a direct replacement for the Rimfire 28-30-950, so while it won't be exact, it should be close to the numbers for that motor as well.

I will make a few notes, each prop was tested with a fully charged Fusion-Pack 3S 1800 25C battery with a starting voltage of 12.5V, a Castle Creations Phx 25 ESC, and considering an average AUW of 22 oz. for the Seawind I tested the props at wide open throttle (WOT) and at 22 oz. of thrust to see what it produced at a thrust to weight ratio of near 1:1.

Based on the numbers I am trying to decide between the APC 9x6E and the Master Airscrew 9x5. They both give great thrust with very acceptable amps. I guess flight testing is the only thing that will make the final decision based on airspeed.

I hope this info helps anyone looking to setup their Seawind.
Eric
EricJ320 is offline Find More Posts by EricJ320
Last edited by EricJ320; Jan 14, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote