Thread: Discussion Another new 2.4GHz system!
View Single Post
Old Jan 05, 2009, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by ajbaker
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc500
does anyone know if hobby king receiver works with the turbotrx and does the turbotrix come pre prigramed for a heli. thanks bob
I suspect they will work. I have 1 HK unit (and 1 on order) and 6 receivers (on order). The setup worked out great. I just ordered the Turborix and I will try it out and let everyone know. It would be very cool if the Turbrorix xmitter would work with the HK 6ch receivers. The HK receiver (6ch) is $12.74USD and the Turborix (from r2hobbies) is $16.52USD. I will let you know if the r2 unit comes programmed for a heli (I suspect it isn't). It also appears that the r2 unit has low/high rate too. I am going to be greedy and hope it has EPA as well.
AJ
Update: It does have EPA but I am not sure about expo.
P.S. I just flew the HK 2.4ghz on my SlowMoWatt. WOW!!! Range is "as far as I could see". All glitches and minor throttle stutters are GONE! I am probably going to convert all my planes to the Turborix/HK combo if it they are compatible. No more forgetting to extend the transmitter antenna or getting the plane antenna caught on everything. I am really impressed with 2.4ghz!!
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Jan 05, 2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Update