Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick08
Hi Jim,

After sending back and getting my system updated for version 3, I have many things that are not in accordance with the user manual, I will not fly until you can explain me the reasons, here the details:

1) On the transmitter in the Advanced programming feature I should have Red Led for power setting, or green Led for hoping mode , but I also have an orange LED what should I do with this ? if I press the program button until status led turn off ( as we did for the setting of power and hoping mode ) I have one flash green led itís the factory setting, but of What ?
This is the boot up delay. This is only required for Multiplex Profi units (or any other unit needing a delay in the future). This is explained in the manual.

Quote:
2) hoping mode , Iím not an engineer I just donít want to crash my Jet plane , you suggest hoping mode from 1 to 5 just tell me which one I should use ? for me FCC / ETSI / Adaptive/ predictive is a language that didnít help me to make a right choice of setting.
Please download the latest manual from our website. It explains the hopping modes, power requirements, and other important features. What you can use for hopping modes depends on where you are using the system (USA or otherwise).

Quote:
3) The manual says that the receiverís status led will be Red if power on transmitter is on 1 , I test and in my system its nerver Red only green even when power is settled on 1
Then you are probably not programming the power level. We have had a few people just recently set their power level to 1 (instead of the hopping mode) and ask why their receiver LED is now red.

Quote:
4) Many times the status led on the receiver is rock solid orange while the current is between 5.05 to 5.09 Volt as per the manual the Orange led should be only when current drop to 4.4 Volt, or in case a bad servo make the current to drop , I made the test unplugging and replugging servos ( changing with 5 new Servo and used ) and sometime the status led is Green for long time and suddenly goes to Orange while the current didnít drop to 4.4v and still remain in the 5.05 Volts range.
If the LED turns orange, the input voltage to the receiver dropped below 4.4v, no exceptions.

Quote:
5) I test receiver in slave and Master status : I donít see any difference it works exactly the same ! If I understand the manual a slave receiver will not work alone but only with another receiver in Master position
Not exactly. We deliberately do not explain that to you. For binding purposes, we have to call one a master and the rest slaves to prevent confusion. In reality, the receivers all work the same.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member