View Single Post
Old Jan 04, 2009, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by WTFLYR
Suspended Account
West Central PA
Joined Dec 2008
2,140 Posts
When I saw the loose steering linkage pivot where they had not tightened the nut sufficiently and then glued it in place, I was glad I bought the kit version. There would have been an unacceptable amount of slop from that pivot. I simply tightened the nut to where the pivot was not flopping around and fixed it with thin CA. I routed the pushrod as Merlinfan did, minimizing the offset bend angles.

The weak area in the tail has been pointed out, but the wing attachment is another thing that is borderline. It is not difficult to insert CF rods in the wing cores, after sharpening a point on them. Aim for the corner of servo pocket when inserting so that you can see you are on track as you insert the rod. After this use a doubled over aluminum tube joiner that is inserted in the fuse. The joiner is only needed to join the two CF rods and does not need to be glued in the fuse for strength, as the wing joint will do that sufficiently. The joiner and the rods will provide wings that will not break under any flying conditions and even in a crash, unless really hard.
WTFLYR is offline Find More Posts by WTFLYR