Thread: Discussion Another new 2.4GHz system!
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2008, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by Berkie
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,548 Posts

There was no connection between the batteries and the "charge jack", but I suspect I can fix that with a handy soldering iron. Seems to be set up for Alkaline cells.
Marion[/QUOTE]

G'day Marion.
Strange. Mine connects OK & charges NiMh OK. Inside the battery compartment it is marked 1.5V, but seeing it does charge 1.2V OK, then I suspect they are using the same case that was designed initially just for dry cells. I got 3.5 hrs out of a set of 2200 MaH NiMh (just left it on as a test)

I think this is a good feature in such a low price unit. I was concerned about having to put up with dry cells.

There was no indicator for whether or not the receiver and transmitter were binded. I had half way expected to have an LED indicator. The receiver did bind OK and operated the servos just fine.

Marion[/QUOTE]

I agree it is hard to see, but if you look closely you will see the bind LEDs blinking away during the bind operation, then they lock solid to confirm bind is complete.

So far (sorry, still not flown - weather not right, but I will be talking to God tonight) it seems good value. Case, controls, twin Rx, all appear well made.
But if you don't already have 2.4 you will not have a clue how to set it up. There are no instructions at all. You think they could have at least had a download available for new users.
Maybe a new user could go to another 2.4 site and read the binding procedure?

Happy Flyin'

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie