View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2008, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by Kmot
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
24,653 Posts
There is something very fishy smelling about your buddies story. Most HF power tools come with a minimum 90 day warranty. Long enough to know if it's going to last or not. My lathe and mill each had a one year warranty. Lots and lots of their hand tools have lifetime warranty. My drill press from HF is now over 20 years old. In fact, I don't have a single tool from them that has totally failed in service. The only things that have happened was I bought a 12V pump that somehow got put back on the shelf instead of the back room after a first purchaser burned up a motor lead wire. I simply repaired it. I have a 8-in-3 mini machine kit and the power supply went on the fritz. I called HF and asked about returning the power supply and they gave me an RMA number and I shipped the power supply back, and only the power supply. In return I got another complete NIB 8-in-3 machine tool kit. $180 bucks worth. And in the meantime I was already using another powersupply from one of the cheap r/c radios. And now, this item broken inside the box, but it did not fail in service, it was dropped off a pallet or something.

I'm not complaining.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot