Old Dec 26, 2008, 02:05 PM
Find More Posts by IanJ
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
609 Posts
Discussion
Wing Dragon for FPV - FPV Build Log

Hi all,

I already fly a Wing Dragon for FPV, but I also have a spare that I use to "test the air" every time I go out. Call me paranoid...........

However, I decided that my 2nd Dragon needs to be converted also, so I've ordered the necessary OSD, camera & Tx parts etc.

There are some necessary mods to do to the Dragon in order to make room for the FPV hardware etc. Here are some photos........more coming soon.

First, it's necessary to make more room up front for the OSD hardware, bigger battery etc. The way I chose was to move the servos back in the fusilage about 5 inches. This involves removing the existing servo plate and fabricating a new one from 1mm aluminum and mounting it on place.The added advantage here is that with the new weight up front, moving some back helps to compensate.

I also replaced the stock brushed motor with a brushless outrunner, which mounts very neatly off the back of the old motor/prop position.

And finally in this first series of pics, I also upgraded the landing gear using suitable piano wire and bigger wheels.More weight yes, but the thought of my FPV hardware having a hard landing....ugghh!

IanJ is offline Find More Posts by IanJ