View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2008, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by bigandy
Pesky Landings!
Abergele, North Wales, UK
Joined Apr 2004
1,120 Posts
Hey guys.

Finished my 3rd funjet build ever, this evening. I've gone for a nice lightweight setup this time round, instead of the insanely powered porky monster I built last time! I;ve not gone overboard mind, just enough to have some fun flying nice and slow!

I used hs65 servos, a Spektrum Ar6100 rx, TP 730mAh (3s) lipos, Castle Phoenix 10 esc, and a hyperion z1709/9 motor. The build was standard, apart from not using the supplied motor mount and servo covers. I've just used a bit of 3.2mm ply to makje a simple motor mount, and the servos are dangling in the breeze. Oh, and I trimmed the root end of the elevon a bit to give some clearance from the fins. This allows a bit more throw too

All up weight (ready to fly) is coming in at 285g, and it has around 300g thrust on a 6*3 prop (60 watts). Not really enough power IMHO, so I'm going to test some 7x4 and 7x5" props tomorrow.

I can probably shave a few more grams off the total weight by using some newer, lighter packs, but other than that, I won't bother. I haven't added any paint/stickers yet either, so it all looks a bit white! I'm thinking some black/white/green camo pattern on the top, and black/white stripes on the underside would look cool, but add a bit of weight

I had fun with the low/slow aerobatics with my 650g Funjet (240watts power), so this one should be pretty good too, especially with a little bit more power. Fligth report to follow when I get some decent weather in the daylight!

Cheers
Andy
bigandy is offline Find More Posts by bigandy