View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by Eiretime
Ireland
Joined Oct 2007
168 Posts
Hey aflips here is a link to the mitt http://alshobbies.com/shop/lookupsto...6397&Desc=mitt ,i have bad circulation and i can stay out way longer on the slopes than anyone with just gloves using a mitt. Admittedly there wasn't snow on the ground or -20 but up a mountain in Ireland in winter is cool enough! I would count myself new to the rc game so experience is not on my side , launching and putting your hand back in the mitt had worried me also but it does take a little practice. They are supplied with Velcro sleeves which you can take out which make it even easier to get into. They are not necessary if your a wearing a ski jacket, my coat seems to seal the gaps! I have only used this for gliding and it really has been useful but still haven't hand launched my Pa extra 260 with it yet. If you fly 2.4 ghz there is no need to cut any holes for an antenna, so no unwanted breezes. Hope this is useful and happy xmas to everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
There's nothing wrong with my circulation, but -20's will definitely turn the blood in my fingers into molasses fast enough.

I have one fear regarding those mitts, please tell my if it is founded or not; In snow, I like to hand launch; I have a feeling I will let go of the plane but be unable to slip my launching hand safely inside the mitt without fumbling, to get back to the sticks and regain complete control.

Has that been an issue for you and which one did you get?
Eiretime is offline Find More Posts by Eiretime