View Single Post
Old Jul 07, 2003, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by LWThompson
Nashville, TN USA
Joined Jun 2002
1,003 Posts
Flat Field...long hang time...DLG/SAL?

If you were looking for max performance and like to build, you should consider one of Dr. Mark Drela's designs. www.monkeytumble.com/hlg yahoo groups SALGlider and Allegro-lite.

If you are looking for long hang time in a flat field and have overcome the nose-first landings, I would steer you toward one of the Art Hobby DLGs. The Bobolink is a 1M and the Hyper is the 1.5 m.

If you are still hitting things, especially the ground, then I would steer you toward the Spinner or the Javalin from Bowman's hobbies.

If you are just looking for a better delta wing foamie to throw, look at the new Boomer in this section of RC Groups.

It sounds like I may have just added to your confusion but narrow down your criteria and then prioritize them for us. Kinda like a decision tree(flowchart).
If I hit(or like to hit) the trees, rocks, people and ground...go EPP.
If I can plan and execute hand catches...go chrunchie.
If I like the wing thing best...get a better wing.
If I only have X to spend, what will be needed to complete the kit. EPP must be covered~$15.00; Art Hobby's do not. Extra servo(s)@$20.00 if ailerons and rudder, elevator. New receiver with 4-6 channels@$60.00. Strapping tape, 3M 77.

I hope this helps. Keep us informed. Good Luck!
LWThompson is offline Find More Posts by LWThompson