View Single Post
Old Dec 06, 2008, 06:29 AM
Find More Posts by ZZ Prop
United States, MS, Olive Branch
Joined Sep 2006
264 Posts
Sleurhutje

I did put some extra foam in the tail, not much, inside the fuse trying to beef up the rudder and the horizontal stabe which I'm sure added a little tail weight. It doesn't take much at that distance from the cg but I stayed with the EPP because I am more or less trying to learn to use the stuff. When I started this build I assumed the batt went IN the fuse for a clean look. I sure hate that I'm going to ruin the looks of this beautiful aircraft with an ugly lipo hangin off the bottom but what the hey. I'm thinking about building a box inside the nose to hold the lipo plus the extra foam for the box might be the ticket for the cg problem. sure hate more weight though I'm already at 8.7 oz.
There are a lot of EPP aircraft out there that seem to work so I'm goin to stick with it for a while to see if I can get hooked.
This hobby is a perpetual (excuse my spelling) learning curve anyway.
I'm thinking about a hybrid foamy also. DEP except the motor mount and wing root area EPP.
Whats funny I never crash my nitro planes (well maybe once in a while) but I don't dare try to do aerobatics 2 feet off the ground on them like I do my foamies either.
ZZ Prop is offline Find More Posts by ZZ Prop