Parts list and alternative size plans
Parts list for original 32.5" span size Yak
1 sheet 18 x 36 1.3# 9mm epp foam.
1/16" carbon rod for control rods.
1/32 music wire for control rod ends.
Sumo or equivalent glue
Here a list of hardware that can be used and the respective costs. make sure the components you chose are compatible with each other; especially motor and esc. For instance the Mag8 esc listed here will not work with the Hacker motor.
I would love to be able to find smaller/lighter stuff; especially servos; at comparable prices.
1) Cheapest, 24 gram motor
, $8.95 , http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...trunner_1500kv
1.5) BW substitute http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...s_Motor_1500kv
2) Mid $, 2204-14
3) More $, http://stores.homestead.com/fancyfoa...-9L/Detail.bok
Motor mount for 24 gram motor
, Hi Model
or Hobby City
Prop, $1.20, GWS 8x4 or GWS 8 x 4.3 available widely[/B]
Prop adapter if required, $1.99, http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...pter_&_3_bands
1) ESC for 24 gram motor
, $11.95, http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...eed_Controller
or HK supersimple $7.95
2) ESC for 2204-14, http://www.justgofly.com/Order%20Form.htm
Scroll down the pageuntil you get to the motor and esc.
3) ESC for hacker, http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...eed_Controller
1) cheapest Rudder and elevator Servos, $3.49 ea , http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ec_Micro_Servo
2) mid $ servos, Eflight S60's, http://stores.homestead.com/fancyfoa...rvo/Detail.bok
3) high $ servos, Dymond D47, http://stores.homestead.com/fancyfoa...rvo/Detail.bok
Aileron servo http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ec_Micro_Servo
Reciever, $14, http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=A3067651
Control horns 4ea, $1.25, http://www.rcfoam.com/cart.php?targe...ategory_id=132
EZ connectors 4ea, http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...__1.5mm_(5pack
Fluffy foam 1 lb/cu ft: fluffy foam
Prop Saver Bands from West Michigan Parkflyers.
Parts I used on a very light 32.5" span indoor EPPYak55
Below are the Yak plans in different sizes:
Update: Indoorheli did an excellent job building a 22" Yak using 4site guts. A really outstanding build for those who want a smaller Yak for fying in really small spaces.
Also added August 24, 2009 Matt's "tabbed 36" plans"