View Single Post
Old Jul 07, 2003, 03:33 AM
Find More Posts by alkoo
speedfreek
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
3,376 Posts
Ming,
There is one very easy and simple solution to your problem. Use 2 spars on top with a joiner. I re-built my first Bat using 2 spars and joined them using a 30mm length piece of 3mm fiberglass rod and epoxy. The top spar actually works in compression (pushing the spars together) so a join is fine on the top. You could just supply 3 of the standard length spars and 2 of them can be joined, cut to length and used as the top spar.
Problem solved!! But I have to stress Ming, the top spar needs to extend to about 10mm from the wingtip. The last spar you sent was only 1 metre and I have to now buy another spar and join them. If the spar doesnt extend that far, the wings bend after the spar at high speed.
Glad I could give you some ideas Sapok. Even if you dont DS your Bat, I guarantee it will be the fastest on the front side. Dont be afraid of excess weight with the Bat. Mine weigh 1kg and 1.14kg!!The airfoil on this thing is amazingly efficient and it will still stay up when everyone else (EPP Combat Wings) is grounded provided you keep the Bat's airspeed. Thats the trick. Once you have that mastered you will really see the Bat perform.

Regards,

Wazza
alkoo is offline Find More Posts by alkoo