View Single Post
Old Dec 02, 2008, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by lavochkin
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
You know dont get me wrong for the $$ they arent bad if ya dont mind all the imperfections. If they just stepped up the quality. I talked to Robert at ejf and william at turbofan and they claim they have talked to Fritz about this several times. Epoxy is stronger and more flexible. The reason they use polyester is that you can use more catalyst or hardener usually acetone or mek it will cure 5 times faster than epoxy resin. So you can control the speeds in which they setup. That makes them produce more models faster at the cost of quality. It will catch up eventually to them. Thats my point. It not that het flies bad, cause they dont, and there are several cool models to choose from. Its just they sorta fall apart. If ya ever owned one of tams models you will know what Im talking about. I just hope one day they change this. It would probably make them one of the best manufactureres out there of 70mm edfs. I like the new f-18 90mm. But it doesnt have full flying stabs and thats a no no to me at the very least.
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin