View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2008, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,792 Posts
Thanks Dak,

I won't make any promises on the plans, if the model flies well and I'm happy with the outcome I will probably build a second one and use that to draw up the plans and assembly instructions.

This model is not a simple build and not for the faint-hearted, I have taken a lot of care to make the model as light as possible and my initial estimates is that it will come in only a couple of ounces above the weight of my profile foamy (Tim Hart's 3DX of the same wingspan). This means that although the plane is by no means fragile it is not designed to take any real heavy hits and due to the relative complexity of the airframe fixes after an accident will not be "quick and easy". Now I build them to fly them, not to crash them so that's fine with me but accidents do unfortunately happen, even to the best (and I'm definitely not one of the best); heck, just last Saturday I had a mid air collision so I'm living proof.

As for video, you bet. As soon as she is ready for the maiden I will bring my camera and make sure that one of my flying buddies is there to record all the excruciating detail. Once I have a chance to edit the video I will post it.

- Birger

P.S. I've attached some pictures of my profile foamy, I know they are off topic but I mentioned the plane above so here they are anyway.
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member