View Single Post
Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:47 AM
Find More Posts by woketman
Slidell, LA, USA
Joined Nov 2002
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike
I know David is waiting and has the tracking number so he can see this for himself. Like he said this is a really beefy spar and should not have snapped. I do think that some sort of tape backer for the wing joint, and or a screw plate would be good. The LE/TE pieces will do thier job of keeping the wing together in alignment. Perhaps this is just a freak and I have gottena one of a kind failure
Yes, the forward & rear wing caps are plenty to keep the wings in allignment. Don't forget: when the wing is fastened to the fuselage, the wing seat does the lion's share of keeping the wings in allignment!

I disagree with the statement "you have to remember these are trainers not acrobatic planes". If Horizon has done their job correctly (and to me, it appears they have), then this spar, if un-damaged, should handle just about everything that you can do to this plane. That includes full throttle verticle dives with an insane pull-up at the bottom (that is excatly what a learning student will do once in a while).

Great job Horizon!!!
woketman is offline Find More Posts by woketman