Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpAce
Dag,

I think you are wise to take some time and look around to see just what motors are available, and will work best in your application. I haven't personally used them, but Neu motors have a great reputation, and I understand that they can build just about any configuration you might need. I've also read that Steve Neu is very good about providing help to customers, especially for a special project like yours. Sorry, I don't know how to contact him direct.

I'm not sure just how much experience they have with Neu motors yet, but Castle Creations, makers of excellent speed controls, are now carrying them. They have been very good to me about customer support questions, so might be able to help you. Here's a link to Castles Neu Motor Page: http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...motors/nm.html

This project is going to be great fun to follow!

AmpAce
Thanks AmpAce,
I know Castle has the best speed controllers, but I got a name from a guy at SR batteries that was helping me with my harnesses and batteries to call at Castle about working out what controller would work best and left the guy 3 messages and never heard a thing. Not very impressed.

I am going to try to reach out to Steve Neu and see if he can help me with a wish list of what I really need. After looking at the fact I can turn a larger prop with a gearbox I may take the B-36 back to the 256” size and forget about the 55 pounds, this project has kind of been my mother of all projects and should build it all out. At 256” I may still be able to hit 55 pounds, but my calc’s show 62 pounds.

Thanks,
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214