View Single Post
Old Oct 08, 2008, 04:31 AM
Find More Posts by davereap
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,514 Posts
rich smith... I have looked at your problem but I have no answer to it...sorry..thats not to say there is no answer..

like your deltas...as you can tell I go for them, and wings myself. and now also build everything with KF steps...and, if you havnt tried them, check out the nutball...also great

rcav8r2....best practice is to download bits that are already made then modify them..
There is a lot of servos , motors etc on this thread. saves a lot of time

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=826409

download parts and then copy into a new folder in where sketchup has its components. you can simplify them if you like to keep the overall model manageable..
Too much detail on small parts is not needed.
It is extreemly detrimental if you are going to try to get your model into a flight sim.. The conversion program I use (xmodder) will not handle too many points/surfaces..

I have been looking without success for a plugin that will work out the AUW weight of my model...but its not the sort of thing most sketchup designers would find a use for..the nearest plug in is a cost estimate, it might be possible to use this, but assign weights represented by dollars (whatever) to each component/part.
I was hopeing to design the model add all the components, then get an AUW resulting weight..
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Oct 08, 2008 at 08:03 AM.