Old Oct 03, 2008, 02:43 PM
Find More Posts by bdelapen
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Aug 2008
2,792 Posts
Build Log
MX Aircraft MXS

OK, so I was thinking about my 3rd foam scratch built and decided I wanted to do something different. I wanted something different from the numerous Yaks and Extras so I decided on MX Aircraft's new MXS (debuted this year in the Red Bull Air Series). At first It was only going to be a shocked profile foamy but I decided to up the bar and make a full fuse version with airfoil wings.

I started with the 3-view that I found at the MX Aircraft website under the specifications and drew up some plans from there. You can see here the original 3-view and my design 2-view.

In addition I have documented the start of the build with pictures of the paper templates and some of the cut parts. Also the first assembly which is the fuse crutch assembly (6mm Depron) is depicted.

I have a busy family life with 3 small children so I only get to build a little every day after they go to bed so I will be posting progress as I go on this thread.

Enjoy!

- Birger

Edit: I have posted preliminary plans, if you have a few scratch built foamies under your belt and would like to try this one you can find them in post #43.
bdelapen is online now Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bdelapen; Dec 05, 2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Posted Plans