View Single Post
Old Oct 02, 2008, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Team LRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,954 Posts
Its looking like i'll have to do mid-tip lights as the LE tip os both fiberglass and balsa where the balsa and fiberglass tip meet is where I would need to place the lights which means that i'd have to cut balsa and wood as well instead of just cutting off the glass tip.
And on second thaught, if I put the lights on the LE, Iwould not be able to see them form the rear, only from a front or front quarter view, not from the side or the rear, so placeing the lights mid-tip would all ow mee to see the light from any angle except directly over top.
I have also decided to use the white (tail posistion) light from the navs to eluminate the instrument panel from behind seeing as its just a thin sticker placed behind a thin ply panel. This would be neat, and save TONS of head sractign trying to figure out how to run the light and wire into the rudder form the fuselage and through the hing, which im sure it can be done, but is it really worth the troublt when I coudl just light the panel instead? I will have the beacon on top and the tip navs and strobes, so a little white light at the bottom of the rudder won't really be missed as much.

As soon as I can find my camera I can begin the build as my light should be in tomarrow!
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake