View Single Post
Old Oct 01, 2008, 09:43 AM
Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Team LRC
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,954 Posts
Looking at the specs, a scale prop for this plane should be about 17" (18.4" to be exact). The manuel recomends a 16x6, which is close enough to scale, but can a magnum .91 4 stroke swing a 16x6? Recomended props for the Magnum are a 13x8 and a 14x6.
The .91 Surpass (recomended for the plane by GP of-corse) is listed to swing upto that, or a 12x8 3 blade, sense the specs are nearly identical between the two motors, the Magnum should swing the 16x6, but for an even more scale look could I swing a 17x5?
I am going to repaint the APC prop to scale as most fullscale planes have grey prop with two white tip stripes and flat black on the backside, so i'll do that with my APC.

I went to Lowe's to try and find some clear plastic that could be heated to form the tip lenses, but the only thing I coudl find were flouresent light covers that were a little thick and textured, which would be nice for landing light lenses (if I were doing them), so I thaught....Couldn't I just use an old clear canopy from anotehr model to heat with a heat gun and form it to shape? Whats your take on this idea?
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Last edited by Mchone, Jake; Oct 01, 2008 at 09:54 AM.