Thread: Discussion Some thoughts on Kiev
View Single Post
Old Sep 27, 2008, 03:59 AM
Find More Posts by Tommy Persson
Hillerød, Denmark
Joined Aug 2004
378 Posts
Thanks too all for great company and help in Ukraine

Especially we have to thank the Italian team for helping us to push the car in the mud race

Congratulations to Guntmar for winning the title after great flying under difficult conditions

And sorry for all, who had a bad round, and didn´t get the 4. round on the official reserve/spare day

But I still wonder why:

-The spare day (Saturday) was not used for the 4. round, when it was announced in the program, and the weather was quite OK

-The hotel rooms had no heating in September??? (not easy to get all the wet stuff dried over night)

-No hot water in the rooms in the morning???

-The standard of the "food"???

-We had to wait for officials comming too late in the morning???

-I did´t see one single limiter control (F5B) during the competition???

-No weight control of models and battery packs during processing and competition???

-Transmiter inpound and frequency control was almost a joke (was told to turn on my transmiter while my team mate already got his transmiter on the same frequency ).

-The "road" to the flying field was not taking care of after some rainy days???

-No "normal standard" toilets on the flying field???

-No "line" in when it was OK to fly or not??? I made 3 full flights in 2. round, and the round which was counting was the round with the really bad weather

-Etc.

Somehow I had expected almost everything to be on a much higher standard at a world championship, than what we are used to at our local danish -and Contest Modellsport competitions in Europe - but that was unfortunately not my experience in Ukraine.

I know the answer from everybody will be: "then do it your self in Denmark if you are not satisfied" - well may be we will some day.

Tommy
Tommy Persson is offline Find More Posts by Tommy Persson