Thread: Discussion HobbyLobby F-4 Phantom Thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:42 PM
Find More Posts by PlaneNuttz
LARKS Lexington RC FLYERS
Joined May 2007
110 Posts
Glad to see not everyone didnt get the award winning poorly built box. Im the lucky winner!!!!!!! Got my wings finally glassed at the joint. The included glue did not do well for me. After 32 hrs I was still able to move the wing back and forth at the joint. So I glassed the joint with 3/4 oz cloth and deluted epoxy. Now just to match the paint. Even installed a few recessed washer in the wings while i had the epoxy out for the wing tanks i had laying around from the great planes l-39. All my servos that where installed moved freely and all the hinging was loose in the wings. the elevators where glued really well tho. if it werent for the big dam gap in them this would of been a high point. All and all its a beautiful jet. but its taken me two evenings now to get this far. Not what i expected. But if its performance is what ive seen on the stock system i will be happy. Let you all know how the maiden goes this weekend. She will be at the flying tigers biggest fly-in of the year in lake city SC. Hopefully it will be a winner and not part of the crash photos for the event.
PlaneNuttz is offline Find More Posts by PlaneNuttz