View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2008, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by FatBeech
Bavaria, about 45km from Neuschwanstein-Castle
Joined Nov 2006
243 Posts
Build Log
>POSH< a 22 1/2 ' DART Speedtender

As already with my other "building site" with the Dodge Watercar mentions, I would like to describe here now the construction of the speed tender POSH:

In the 20s of previous century it was smart to make excursions to the next lake on the week-end and to go there to drive with a speed boat, or to own even one. Many small shipyards originated and built marvellous mahogany boats which were also used for running or were conceived only for the spare time. Other one also used as a water taxi or just as a tender for private shuttle-services. The Dart Boat Company was one of these shipyards which built models up to 30 feet length. One of these tenders should be 22 1/2 '> POSH <, a design from 1931. The boat had Chrysler Imperial engine with 125 HP. The roofed construction was futuristic. Now against the usual angular "boxes" of the 20s there should be softy circular roof forms. The side discs from glass and a folding door protected the passengers in bad weather and a material hood held the sun.
Now my model originates on the frames which Rainer Kuhlmann has developed, actually, for the Dodge Watercar and her derivatives.
However, I have changed the longitudinal section according to the boundary lines of the speed tender. Therefore a model size of 1140 x 301 mm arises. So an absolutely handy model.
FatBeech is offline Find More Posts by FatBeech
Last edited by FatBeech; Jan 17, 2009 at 03:24 PM.