Find More Posts by rafcab
Still learning
Seville
Joined May 2007
110 Posts
Question
Which model to get for a second level?

Hi,
I am a user of a Multiplex Twinstar II plane without modification, i.e. with original 400 motors. I have been flying for some time with it and also had a few very hard landings, but since it is very tough, after some time repairing it, I was ready to fly again without problems.
Anyway I seem the plane lacks a bit of power. I am running it with a 7 cell NiMh or a 2 cell LiPo, and although in air I can do loopings and other basic aerobatics, when taking off or landing I think it should have more power for its weight.
So I have two options: upgrade both motors to brushless and use 3 cell LiPos or change to a next level model.
Changing the motors is somewhat complex because I have to break one piece in the wing in order to insert a third wire, and of course I have to replace the electronics.
Choosing another model is also tricky because I'd like a foam model, since I can still have hard landings. I'd also like it to be as big as possible. I feel more confident with bigger models (more than 1m or 40" wingspan) and I'd like to do simple aerobatics with it, so a medium or low wing would be better.

What would you recommend me?

Thank you
Rafael
rafcab is offline Find More Posts by rafcab