Find More Posts by rjmanzuk
aka MadMan
San Diego, CA (USA)
Joined Aug 2006
633 Posts
San Diego is clamping down

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
I agree, i have flown the 46% Ultimate and man that thing flys nice, but definately way too much $$ to electrify it.. its just easier to go fo the traditional 150cc gas engine, Overall I have to say i'm happy with the PA 30 - 40 size planes because since we lost our main field its really hard to have a good place to fly big planes, and with this size planes they can be flown pretty much in any decent sized park and yet they still provide awesome flight performance found in big planes!
Unfortunately, the city attorney's office (run by an absolute lunatic, IMHO) in San Diego has just prohibited radio controlled flying in ANY "decent sized park" or school-grounds in the City limits ... whether nitro, gas or electric, of ANY size; referring to an ancient ordnance prohibiting "gliding" (it's a terrible stretch to think the writers had anything but hang-gliding and soaring in mind when it was written). We can now only go to "approved" sites ... which belong to clubs, but are getting overly crowded because of the recent ruling. I knew we were having too much fun, so the lawyers just had to stick their noses into our recreation activities.
rjmanzuk is offline Find More Posts by rjmanzuk