View Single Post
Old Sep 06, 2008, 05:18 AM
Find More Posts by nick_75au
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,775 Posts
Hi, Another really windy day, more boats on the water though(last weeks comment may have stirred the pot) every boat that did brave the weather bar one suffered water ingress problems, sorry .
Ricks Tito Neri didn't get a drop of water inside I had a little drive of it today WOW it handles and manoeuvres really well . Mudgugies e-bay special ended up like a sharkfin with only the bow pointing to the sky, Cols Mariner nearly sank, my crash boat hit the corner of the wharf arced over and did a perfect 10 dive on the other side. It is such a fun boat now it handles the chop so well, clearing the water completely but staying level the whole time. I have to GPS it again because it looks quite a bit faster now.
A new Launching today, Eleanors Buccan Babe Springer with Decaperm geared power and 50 mm prop. The initial test sail didn't quite go to plan after nose diving and shipping a fair amount of water, a dry out, reposition of battery and away she went again.
I ran the S-100 Schnell boot again in scale 8 - 10 metre waves. It handles well enough but because the deck is only a push fit into the hull after 10 minutes had to bring her in to empty her out.
Jack didn't put his sail boat in the water, no C rig

Regards
Nick
nick_75au is offline Find More Posts by nick_75au