Find More Posts by bighead93
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob
Hi guys,

Just a few words before the formal release.

I just got back from a month in our factory working really hard around the clock on this project. It is one of the MOST complicated projects we have ever had (designing and producing). This one is our new jewel. We spent a lot of time on the details with multi steps production. We setup all wing incidence (extremely slow process) and test fit each model in the factory including gluing all the CNC machined CF tabs for the wings installation. We don’t save $$ on this production. Basically nothing left for you to do but installing the radio gear and glue the stab in place (pretty much). The idea here is to get this plane to the flyers hand so they can enjoy the accuracy of the design and get the same flight performance as we had on our prototypes. That is an extremely complex target to achieve on a biplane!

Forget about all the “Ultimates” you have seen so far or the smaller bipes because this babe is of a different class. Once you will fly it you will know it. I know what some of you think when you ask for a larger model but let me tell you this, first of all this plane seriously feels as flying on 4S pack. That was the goal on the design and we reached it with the design and our new (designed especially for this project) Thrust 40. This combination will blow your minds with the performance and the efficiency (= good flight duration). Don’t be confused, this plane is big. It has over 580 sq. inch of wing area. It feels big and looks big in the air.

About the design: this plane doesn’t look like any Ultimate you have seen. We did a lot of research for very long time. I checked all the versions of the Ultimate (and similar to the Extra 260 there is not a great deal of information on the full size plane) and made my own version. I took some small details from the different versions to keep the “scale” look but in fact it is a complete new version PA style (aerodynamic and construction design). This plane is the prettiest plane I have flown so far and attracted people all the time even when trying to test fly secretly. In fact the reaction of those people was always how large the plane is….I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that it is a biplane.

The Ultimate AMR with its size just fit in the car as one piece without the need of taking off the wings! This is a huge advantage and I wouldn’t want it differently (you have no idea how many hours of test flights we had). Anyway don’t get fooled by its size because it can be easily become your primary plane. Super accurate, very sharp and crisp, will do a lot of things but the best part that it can perform lots of new stuff that can not be done with other planes! That was the challenging part for me (designing wise).

Anyway you’ll be amazed from the features of this plane…
We’ll do our best to get the website running with some more data

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics team

Can you gives a little info as far as motor, what size ESC, servos etc? Also what lipos can this use? Thanks,
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93