Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by byrocat
Aurora, Ontario, Canada
Joined Mar 2002
1,626 Posts
Re: E-Bay Vampire Plan Set

Quote:
Originally posted by P_J_Glor
There is a plan set on e-bay for a 59" wing, 46" balsa construction EDF model of the DH-100 Vampire. I got a U-2 plan set, which looks pretty good, from the same supplier . Construction appears to be similar to E.A.M. kits of other models discussed on this site. I do not know who designed the model or whether the plans are a copy of the Traplet set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2563
Just checked out the auction. Better get out the barge-pole, because it's "Uncle Willie", purveyor of copies of plan sets for which he does not have the permission of the copyright owner.

Check the other threads on copyright infringement and his name comes up in just about all of them.

My suggestion is to look at the plans, and then go to the actual publisher and get the plans.

His major defense is that the plans do not say "copyright, etc...". Unfortunately, the actual interpretation of copyright from the last go-around is that it doesn't have to say so to be covered, just published. They actually took things the other way. If something is to be "public domain", you have to post that.

Sorry if I sound a bit over-the-top, but I've got friends and family who create for a living. I'd rather pay a dollar or two more and keep them working....
byrocat is offline Find More Posts by byrocat