Old Aug 06, 2008, 09:02 PM
Find More Posts by flybaby2000
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2004
1,460 Posts
yeah will do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr_mizzard
Awesome doug... it would be great if your colored films share the great qualities of stiffness/adhesiveness as the "new stuff". Keep us up to date on how they come out.

-James
Well as far as it goes i will definitely keep all informed , thanks goes out to predator for waking us up to this great idea , i didnt even look at the roll of stuff in my shed till i saw these threads..

but being an ex-printing buisness person comes in handy , as i know the suppliers of the stuff personally . you know most laminating shops get the thick stuff and dont use it for anything at all cause it dont fit thier machines , thats 3000 rolls sitting each year that could be used in our hobby..

while i was in the buisness of printing i also came across high gloss heat sensitive vynyl that also is about the same weight /gsm as the stuff and i reckon with the right move to offload some rolls to the hobby area , we can get a great product which would give an option of another "foamy only" covering for everyone...

ten years ago there was a light weight heat sensitive vynyl that was easy moving around complex curves but had rubber like flex ... im hoping to get a few samples of this also to cross link and get a perfect blend..

would be cool for epp to feel traditionial , no tape , no mess , and great looking planes..

see you soon

Fbaby2k8
flybaby2000 is offline Find More Posts by flybaby2000