View Single Post
Old Jun 05, 2003, 04:47 PM
Find More Posts by defranci
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,146 Posts
Great to see your post after we maidened SS #2 on Monday night. Has the 555 Rcvr, Hs 55 servos, Pixie ESC and E-Tech 1200ís . The reduction in weight (AUW is 10.8 oz) offsets any loss in power compared to 7 cell Nicads. This setup is great. Plane is much more agile and nothing but FUN. Flew over half an hour on one battery (forgot to actually time it) and still had power left. The low voltage cutoff on the ESC cut in at about 25 minutes and we landed just to check everything out. We still had ĺ throttle available and since most of the flying had been done at Ĺ throttle, I tossed it out again and Tom took it up to 150í at the reduced throttle setting. I couldnít see any significant difference in the climb over WOT. We finally quit flying as it was getting too dark to see. Battery still had 7.07 volts in it the next morning.
I intend to offer this bird to club members that donít have anything suitable to show newbies and to use it as a trainer. I know from experience how much punishment a slow stick can take. I am also converting #1 to the E-Tech 1200ís and will probably retire my T52 for a couple of reasons as soon as I decide on a suitable replacement.
defranci is offline Find More Posts by defranci