View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2008, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by Steve Boone
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,487 Posts
I met Joe at the turf farm today just after 10:30. The weather was beautiful. Then Joe tells me we're launching downwind so he can practice. I was thinking, "what wind?" but I'm good for giving anything a go. Joe steps up to the winch, gets off a short trim flight and gets a few bumps in the process. As soon as I get back with the chute, not being one to waste free knowledge, I launch right a bit on the way up. I come off and it's looking good. For 10 minutes I'm holding my own, then it hits. At 15 minutes I'm so high that I'm doing loops, flat spins and knife edge circles just to bleed altitude and having a ball flying aerobatics with my S. Lady. Joe is 5 minutes behind me and looking good but he's working a bit harder than I am. It's a good thing Jim wasn't there with his BA Gnome or we would have had to send out for lunch. Joe beats me to the ground with a 37+ to get his last 15 min flight in. Me? Well after a couple of more minutes I landed with a 44:53. SWEET!!! I made one of my landings later as well with the Vista. Not to mention this is the first time I had the longest flight of the day. What a great day. Congratulations Joe on getting your 15 minute flight in! Hope to see you Saturday.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone