View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:26 AM
Find More Posts by J.E. Johnson
Newcastle
Joined Oct 2003
582 Posts
Discussion
CMP Me 109

We have a had a little bit of discussion about this plane in the "Fuel Warbirds" forum but I have decided that I am going to make mine electric so I thought I'd better start a new thread. Please feel free to chime in even if yours will be fuel powered...

Here are some pics to show the overall layout and some detail.

I have emailed a few places for retracts but for some weird reason Melbourne, Australia seems to have been the only place these are available yet.

I am thinking of using this engine on lipo or A123:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=2097

Any thoughts?

I have some ideas for motor fitment and cooling but I will have to draw a sketch or two to explain. The front of the engine bay is a substantial piece of ply so could be used for motor mounting I think.

I have never converted or owned an aircraft of this size before so I am really interested in different approaches to the job.

I should point out that I cannot fly this aircraft until January next year because I have no local field that I'm a member of but once I move at Christmas time I will be only 2km away from a massive field/club so this will be a slow build for me.

I plan to make a cockpit tub, hinge the canopy and attempt some weathering. I am considering respraying a winter scheme but am not sure yet. The only reason for considering a new scheme is the wing. The fuselage paint job is excellent but the wing doesn't match the quality.
J.E. Johnson is offline Find More Posts by J.E. Johnson