Originally Posted by Daemon
Just keep in mind that there's a lot of different laminating films out there
and they are not all the same in terms of strength, flexibility, durability
and adhesive. By way of comparison, think about how many different
types of clear tapes there are on the market, and how most of them are
actually pretty worthless for our purposes, while a very small number
stand out.

ian
Wise words here. I am looking for a UK source too but just comparing the range of prices from the UK suppliers you can find on the net suggests that something is going on wrt variation in quality / properties. None of these UK suppliers are offering the kind of information about structural integrity etc. which is on the http://www.laminatorwarehouse.com site and none of them are talking about DI or CP films or anything apparently equivalent. Their ranges are generally much more limited too. Sure you could ring them up but 10 gets you 1 you would get bullshitted about how their product is just what you want.

Somebody on this side of the pond needs to do what Karl did and spend out on different products to identify the best. Any takers? I thought not. One in the eye to those who slagged Karl off for wanting to make a few bucks from all his research.

I think the safest bet for UK people is probably to import from the States for now until someone happens to come across the "right stuff" over here. The dollar prices at http://www.laminatorwarehouse.com are actually very cheap compared to some of the UK prices anyway. Expect shipping to at least double it but - what the hey!

Of course anyone planning to import in quantity to make a margin on distributing it here could get caught out if a UK source emerges. Self organised group buys would seem to be the ticket.

Steve
n-tropic is offline Find More Posts by n-tropic