View Single Post
Old Jul 15, 2008, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by Fly2High
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
There was some discussion about new tasks.

I was going to save them closer to the contest date but I would rather get some feedback on them.

1. Modified Poker - Poker is an official F3K task but I think many hate it because there is too much risk in it. I was willing to modify it so that a pilot can opt to 'fold' on a call. this would allow them to make a new call but would get a zero for the dropped call. this would help minimize the losses due to a bad call or a major change in conditions.

2. increasing flights - 3 flights count 10 min window - I was thinking of requiring that each flight be longer than the prior flight. If conditions are easy I was going to require maxes to be 2min , 3min and 4 min maxes but I was leaning towards a flat 3min max (2:58, 2:59, 3:00 min max). This is still up in the air.

If the popular consensus would like me to stick to the regular F3K tasks, I have no problem. I was only trying to bring some new F3K tasks and help set LISF apart from the other contests.

I will also be following the F3K rules as closely as possible. Attached are the rules

Please feel free to offer suggestions, opinions and comments. I openly accept them all. Only by your feedback can LISF's contest be successful

Thank you and I hope to see you at the Classic!

Sincerely,
Frank N.
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Last edited by Fly2High; Jul 16, 2008 at 07:57 AM. Reason: can't type