Thread: Discussion The 3DHS Addict Support Group
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by markusvt
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,208 Posts
In medical terminology, addiction is a state in which the body relies on a substance for normal functioning and develops physical dependence. When this substance is suddenly removed, it will cause withdrawal, a characteristic set of signs and symptoms. Addiction is generally associated with increased drug tolerance. In medical terms, addiction is not necessarily associated with substance abuse since addiction can result from using medicine as prescribed by a doctor.

However, common usuage of the term addiction has spread to include a wider range of meanings, including ones asociated with psychological dependence. It is used to describe a recurring compulsion by an individual to engage in some specific activity, despite harmful consequences to the individual's health, mental state or social life. The term is often reserved for substance abuse problems or drug addictions but it is sometimes applied to other compulsions, such as problem gambling, and computer addiction. Factors that have been suggested as causes of addiction include genetic, biological/pharmacological, spiritual and social factors.

I am not an addict, I am not an addict, I am not an addict...... I can quit anytime I want, wait, I think that beep means my lipo's are charged, be right back................,hold please, my speed-dial to Ben just got through!, What do you mean my CC is maxed!, use this one...........,

How many times do I have to say this, the UPS guy does not live at my house........ He does stop somewhere else more than here, (I think!).........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67
I posted in another thread that buying, flying and talking about 3DHS Planes is so addictive that it's like an "incurable disease". A few weeks ago I ordered the 55SHP thinking "This will be my last 3DHS plane for a while". Well the SHP arrived today and no sooner than it hit the door I was trying to figure out how to raise money for the 40inch Edge that will be released soon.

They say that the first step to recovery is to admit your an addict so I thought I would start this support group so we can help recover from our disease.

I will start again in the official forum

Hello - My name is Michael and I'm a 3DHS-aholic..... I'm so addicted to 3DHS that I just sold all my power tools to raise money for my next 3DHS plane. Now I have to figure out how to explain to my wife why the bedroom remodel wont be finished for quite some time.

MLT
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Last edited by markusvt; Jul 10, 2008 at 10:01 PM.